Thursday, January 24, 2008

Marc Mahan 1/24/08

As a christian, I feel I have alot to offer the kids involving their education. I will be able to influence the students not only in the classroom, but also on the playing fields. I will hopefully be able to be a mentor to the students, not just another teacher to them.
Being a christian teacher, I feel I can present the students an education in a Godly way. I will not only be able to teach them classroom things, but also morals and life lessons. I think morals and life lessons are just as important as anything you can learn in school. The way I live my life, the way I conduct my class, the way I interact with the students, are just a few ways I think the they will know that I am different.
The way I coach is another way I can present Christ to them. I will be able to get closer to players than a regular teacher. I will be a father figure to some of them, as well as a mentor to others.
I will have a chance to help mold young minds into what they may become in the future. In my mind, there is only one way to do that, and that is with Godly teachings.

No comments: